Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I hate to admit this...

But last night I had a nightmare about my wedding. In it, my ceremony was piggybacking on another friend's. Literally people were sticking around in the pews as if it were a double feature at the movies, two for the price of one. I may have also been recycling her bridal party. Somehow I had a dress (which was white and black striped?) but other than that my boyfriend and I were totally unprepared. We hadn't had a rehearsal dinner, there was no one to do my hair, and my bouquet kept wilting/disappearing. I kept asking myself, "Why did we spend Sunday watching all of our DVR'd Dexters??! We should have been writing our vows!!!!"

Now this kind of subconscious freak out might be normal if I was engaged and in the trenches of wedding planning but I'm not. I am however, obsessively addicted to the blog Green Wedding Shoes.

It's pictures like this that make me sad because nothing in my life will ever be so quaint/cute/well thought out. It's hard to admit but I just don't think I'm the kind of girl who looks at an old rusted saltine can and thinks, "What a fetching vase!"

Or, "You know what this reception needs? Flags."

Or, "Even though my bridesmaids are all wearing their own dresses, with my sassy styling they'll still magically coordinate with the ring bearer! And each other! And me!"

PS- As if these pictures didn't make me crazy jealous enough, there's also a video. This one so hipster/cool and full of sweet jams that it hurts, really, really bad. And I watched the whole thing. Twice.

Sarah & Kyle from sweetTea media on Vimeo.

I might have a problem.

4 comments:

  1. I remember seeing a TV feature about the wedding of Holly Robinson and Rodney Peete. It was so charming with its casual barbecue dinner and a surprise appearance by the USC Marching Band... but it made me realize that such things are charming only if there's a heavy dose of money and glamour. If you replaced Holly Robinson's dress with gingham overalls and the Trojan Marching Band with a local family of musicians, then set it on an average farm instead of CBS President Les Moonves' mansion, I'm guessing it wouldn't have been as celebrated for its choice of barbecue for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, those are the worst dreams ever. I got married over 25 years ago, but still have anxiety dreams about planning my wedding. They never go away!!! Lol.

    Secondly, WOW. What an adorable wedding! So trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am in love with your blog. Super-funny, well-written and so true. Your breakdown of Cupcakes and Cashmere is genius. I'll stop with the superlatives now, but I am a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! @Anjali, love your blog too. The entry about your engagement was the cutest thing I have ever read! So happy for you and Rob.

    ReplyDelete