Thursday, December 16, 2010

Peek-a-boo I'm through

You guys, I'm not sure if I want to be a girl anymore. And I'm not saying that because I have a bad case of PMS or something. It's just... I'm really worried where we as a sex are headed when it comes to fashion.

Remember when Gretchen Jones won Project Runway and she wore this?

At the time I recall registering that what she was wearing was bananas but I was so shocked and appalled that Mondo lost, I didn't let the gravity of what was happening really sink in.

Until I saw this on Monday.
And I realized it's like, a thing. 'Cause if Sweatercups is wearing it, you know the rest of us are soon to follow. And then suddenly we'll be on the Topshop website converting pounds to dollars and wondering, "could I really pull off sparkly hotpants with a mesh overlay?"
And gals, that is a question that most men have never had to ask themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Haha too funny! Not a huge fan of this trend @ B&B.
    XO
    http://www.bornandbread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cracked up when I saw this on C & C----too far!

    ReplyDelete